Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO), simply called Legal Outsourcing involves a law firm or a corporation taking legal support services from a legal services company or an outside law organization. An LPO provider can be based in a foreign country or within the same country.
Offshoring which involves the practice of outsourcing from a foreign land does not require personal contact. Outsourcing services within the country are taken in cases where physical presence is the need of the hour, such as appearing in court and agency work.
As a third-party service provider, KTRIAN provides you the opportunity to get the load off those mundane jobs that keep you from pursuing in excelling in your core business. Reviewing a document, carrying out legal research and writing, doing agency work, providing patent services and making drafts of pleadings and briefs are just some of the services that we offer to you.
The outsourcing process requires a contract to be made between the two firms. Mentioned below are several methods to commence the process.
• Direct Contract: The legal organization that requires legal services directly approaches the LPO provider.
• Managed Outsourcing : The legal firm that contacts the LPO provider keeps a traditional law firm to interact with the vendor.
• Required Outsourcing : In order to cut costs or to meet with statutory requirements, the legal firm authorizes only a certain amount of outsourcing from the vendor.
• Multi-sourcing : The law firm employs several LPO providers, segregating the legal work. This is done to minimize risks as well as make optimum use of the strengths of each provider.
Prime Benefits of LPO services?
LPO is fast gaining much popularity among western legal firms. LPO service providers have established themselves in the Philippines, Israel, Canada, Latin America and the United States. Firms are opting to outsource their legal requirements owing to the following reasons:
• Reduction of costs: For a legal task that is outsourced to India, the US legal firm simply pays one-fourth or one-fifth of what it needs to shell out for the same job in the US.
• Expert advice received: You can be assured of receiving expert advice on the various legal proceedings. Experienced and resourceful legal experts will review a document, and carry out legal research and writing. Their expertise is showcased in the agency work that they perform, patent services that they provide and drafts of pleadings and briefs that they make.
• Quality maintained: You will not have to compromise on quality work. Quality checks are carried out so as to provide you a hassle-free experience, while at the same time an assurance of your client’s satisfaction.